Friday, May 22, 2009

Walk on...

The 2009 Washington, DC Pink Pacers Team!

Well, if you know me at all, then you know that I do the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. It all started in 2006 when I randomly decided that it was time for me to do this walk. I had seen ads for this walk thoughout the years and had always wanted to be a part of it. Anna was 5 months old and I guess I felt like it was time for me to start training. I remember holding her in my arms when I went to the informational meeting to learn more about the walk. While I was in there watching the video about this walk, I looked down at Anna and knew that this was something I had to do. I want her to live in a lifetime when they have found a cure!

It is now 2009 and I have just completed my 3rd walk but been involved in 4 Avon experiences. My friend, Anne, walked this walk with me in '06 and we have not let up since. We started with raising around $6,000 that year and are now looking at a grand total that keeps growing of $100,164.50. Who would have guessed that we would have come so far? I am in awe of what my friends and family have done and will continue to keep putting one foot in front of the other until I can no longer do this anymore. We are making a huge difference. My friends have joined me in this fight and for that, I am forever gratefull. I am truly humbled but what many can do for one cause. Thank you to those that have helped, walked and will continue to fight this fight.
For 2 days we walk as 1.

I look forward to the day when Anna only has to worry about putting pink ribbons in her daughter's hair -- and not on her shirt.

Walk on Pink Pacers!
'06,'07,'08,'09
The legacy continues

1 comment:

APAULogies said...

Rock on! You are amazing girl!
XOXOX,
Allison