Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fun little article from my high school newsletter. YAY!

Liza Vaughan Coonse '93 and Katy McCartney Gilliam '93 participated in the 2009 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. They were part of the group, “The Pink Pacers,” which Katy founded in 2006. Katy writes, “Two of the many reasons why I do this walk are from STAB. Sally Miller was a math teacher. She had breast cancer and passed away after I graduated. Another reason is Lynn Tate Dillingham '88. She is our classmate, Chris Tate's ’93 sister who passed away last year. I started the Pink Pacers in 2006 and we have been going strong ever since. It was great to have Liza join the team as well. We finished the final mile singing ‘For all the Saints’! Yes, we were delirious!” They walked 26.2 miles on Saturday, and 13.1 miles on Sunday—all so that medically underserved women and men can get the medical care they need and leading research teams can receive vital support in their ongoing search for a cure. The Pink Pacers raised over $100,000 for breast cancer research

No comments: