I want to write and let you know why Mommy has had her face in this computer for the past few months. We did something very special this year that I am hoping will just get bigger and bigger as the years go on. I am trying to make a difference in your community! As you already know, I started a team known as the Pink Pacers. The Pink Pacers Team was created 3 years ago when Anne Neeley and I came together to walk 39.3 miles in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Anne, who is now a 7 year survivor and I raised $6,000 and have not stopped since. As of 2009, the Pink Pacers have grown into a large group of men and women dedicated to making a difference in the Breast Cancer community. The Pink Pacers have been involved in 5 Avon Walks for Breast Cancer, walking over 196.5 miles in the name of finding a cure for breast cancer. In October of 2009, the we decided to continue in our commitment to this cause and join forces with a local program called Get REAL & HEEL.
As of April 2010, we have helped organize a Health Fair with the UNC Gymnastics Team as well as organize a 5K Walk to benifit the Get REAL & HEEL program! We raised almost $10,000 for the GRH program which brings our team to around $121,000 in helping the Breast Cancer community! That, my sweet kiddos, is why I have been so busy! Your Mommy is not just a Mommy. I am trying to do things in this community that are bigger then me. I really want to make a difference and help people! You two have learned so much from this and I hope that you will also continue to try and help others. There is nothing greater then doing your part in making your world a better place. At this time in my life, the Pink Pacers are moving in the right direction. I am so happy that you get to be a part of all of this!
There is nothing cuter then seeing you in your Pink Pacers shirts! You are a huge support team and I look forward to watching you and all of your Junior Pink Pacer teammates grow with you! You guys are our next generation! Brace yourself..because it is an amazing group with a lot to offer the world!
I love you and am very proud of you guys. I hope that one day you will look back and think that your Mommy is pretty cool. I know I am not your typical "stay at home Mom" but who would want that!
Love, Me
1 comment:
Very sweet note! I love that fact you're not a typical stay at home mom!
Post a Comment