Monday, January 14, 2008

I am still here


These pictures are of Anna pouting in her lizajane baby. I wrote about the clothes at the bottom of the blog. I love her pout...poor Anna!
I have been knee deep in my Ebay sales! I have sold about 36 things and made $1,000! I am freaking excited! I have a few more things to sell and then I will be finished until the July Fall sales. I love making money off of Anna's clothes. I do spend a lot on them but it is so nice to get almost all of that money back! I go to an outlet around here called Patsy Aiken. I buy Anna her cute play clothes and get paid more reselling them then what I paid in the first place. My child gets PAID to look cute! I have to say, I LOVE having her dressed up all the time. I love that she sees her bows and says "That is my bow!" I am training her well..huh? I love that she has as many smocked dresses as she does play clothes. I love that her play clothes are not T shirts! They are all cutesy stuff.What I love even more is that I can almost get my money back when I resell them! I have been making around $30 and $40 on her smocked dresses. They cost around $60! So that is not bad at all. Anyway, Ebay has allowed me to buy whatever the hell I want for Anna. I freaking love it. Who knew I would love children's clothes so much.


Since we are talking Children's clothes, I am still working with lizajane baby. Liza and I had a huge fight when the season ended but things worked themselves out. Well, she finally admitted I was right. We have known each other since we were 12 so when we have a huge fight..it doesn't mean it is all over but it does mean that bad things were said. She was pretty mean to me and I was pretty hard on her. She is not use to me being very businessy and when I played that card, it pissed her off. I am usually the "party flighty not mature girl" and she has always been the " clean house, smart, save money" kind of person. It rocked her world when I became the mature one. I guess our roles switched a bit. She was overloaded with orders and I was down her throat to be professional etc. It did not go over well for me but she finally admitted that she needs to rework her business side of things and has decided to take a season off from home shows. We are going to have Open Houses but will not do custom clothes. We really need to get our background stuff stronger to be able to handle the $10,000 in sales that we had. It was amazing to sell that much but it sucked when things got backlogged. We worked our asses off but there were not enough of us to meet the damand on time. Soooo, we are regrouping. I am sure I made no sense but I tried to explain something that was very very complicated. I just know I love her stuff. It is fantastic. It is all that Scott wears and Anna wears it to. I know that when my children' have her clothes on, we get stopped every 5 steps with someone gushing over it. I just hope that we can figure out how to do the background part of it. It will be get so much easier when our kids are in school. It is hard to have a full time job with your kids jumping all over you all day. Liza's kids are 2 highly active boys. They do not let her breath by herself more or less sew. Also, her husband does nothing to help. He traveled non stop last fall and it KILLED us trying to get our orders complete. Things will change...you can only learn!


I might try and download some pics... For some reason, they always end up at the top.
Off to bed. My blog is so dull....

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so glad things have settled down for you guys! Sometimes you just have to "clear the air" as my stepmom says.

You're right though, you have to get the foundation solid before you can build upon it. I wish you guys nothing but the best of luck & success!

And Anna is just cute as a button. :D

Shannon @ So You Think You Can Paint said...

I think that Anna couldn't be more adorable if she tried!

Best of luck to you and Liza for continued success!